Two lorry drivers, who tried to smuggle more than 1.5 million cigarettes into the UK hidden between bags of wood pellets, have been jailed after an investigation by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
Call: 01702 555560
Ask a question
Fill in our simple form and get in contact with us nowProceed ▸
As from the 25th May 2018 Data Protection (GDPR) rules are changing on holding and using your personal information, full details of these changes can be found in the footer of this website under our Privacy Notice and Terms of Business
Solar Protect Tax Investigation Insurance Private Return
Click here for a quote and buy nowfrom £88.75 p/a »
Solar Protect Tax Investigation Insurance Sole Trader
Click here for a quote and buy nowfrom £97.57 p/a »
Solar Protect Tax Investigation Insurance Ltd or Partnership
Click here for a quote and buy nowfrom £187.50 p/a »
Useful InformationClick the topic below to expand the section
- Deal with any correspondence from HMRC
- Attend any meeting with HMRC
- Appeal to the First-tier Tribunal or Upper Tribunal
- Having the security of knowing that fees will be met in full will enable your Accountant (your tax return agent) to defend your position robustly
- Premiums are Annual Premiums.
- Premiums are inclusive of 12% IPT.
- Premiums and IPT are due in full in advance / at commencement of policy.
- There is a NIL excess on all policies.
- Our cancellation terms are pro rata returns if policy not required mid term (assuming no claim on policy)
- Pre existing enquiries or disputes
- The defence of criminal prosecutions
- Investigations carried out by the Serious Civil Investigations Office
- Investigations carried out under section 60 of the VAT act 1994
- Costs incurred without Insurer's consent
- Income Tax Self Assessment aspect and or full enquiries*
- Corporation Tax Self Assessment aspect and or full enquiries
- H M Revenue & Customs VAT disputes
- Employer compliance disputes PAYE/ P11D/ NIC
- IR35 disputes
- Now covers business's with an annual turnover of up to £10 million
- Fees incurred by your accountant attending meetings with H M Revenue & Customs (HMRC) or responding to correspondence from HMRC when you are subject to an HMRC check, enquiry, visit, meeting or dispute.
- Includes professional fees incurred in respect of local review of the enquiry and preparation and representation at an appeal to a First-tier Tribunal or Upper Tribunal.
- Cover is included for directors/partners personal returns and also applies even if you have income that does not generate from the business, there are some limitations to this income, so please call for full details.
Cover will not be excluded because the hourly rate selected is too low
Judicial Review £10,000
All Other Claims £100,000