Call: 01795 841 310
Solar Insurance Services (Medway) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under the reference No. 459582
Ask a question
Fill in our simple form and get in contact with us nowProceed ▸
Who we are
Solar Insurance Services (Medway) Ltd has its registered office at Whitleather Lodge Barn, Woolley Road, Spaldwick, Huntington, Cambridgeshire, PE28 0UD, Incorporation No. 5439438 and operated in the United Kingdom. A list of the other associated companies is shown below:
- Solar Protect
In addition to those defined words and expressions, references to:
"personal information" means any information that we have obtained from you or third parties in connection with a service or product provided to you that is held now or at any time in the future by us; and
"Act" means the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time.
When do we collect Personal Information?
We collect personal information directly from you when you register for any online service with deal or us with us over the telephone, such as a request for a quote, the purchase of an insurance policy through us or the provision of policy administration or claims handling services. We limit the collection of personal information to what we need to know to maintain the accuracy of our records, to verify the identity and assess the financial standing of customers, to assist us in providing a high standard of service, and to fulfil any legal and regulatory requirements. We will do our best to ensure that your details are accurate and kept up-to-date and we would ask you to assist us in doing so by notifying us in writing of any changes to your personal information.
How do we process your Personal Information?
Solar Insurance Services (Medway) Ltd and/or one of its group members (please refer to paragraph entitled "Who are we" for further details) is the registered data controller in relation to personal information held about you for the purposes of the Act.
All personal information provided by you is held securely and in confidence by us in our computerised and other records. When we process your personal information we do so in compliance with the terms of Act. We maintain strict security standards and procedures with a view to preventing unauthorised access to your data.
Monitoring or recording of your calls, e-mails, text messages and other communications may take place in accordance with UK law, and in particular for business purposes. Such as for quality control and training, processing necessary for the entering into or the performance of a contract; to prevent unauthorised use of our telecommunication systems and web sites; to ensure effective systems operation; to meet any legal obligation; in your vital interests; in order to prevent or detect crime; and for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the data controller. Please visit the following web sites for further information:
Can I see the Personal Information you hold about me?
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you at any time, on written request and payment of a £10 administration fee.
Should you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to the Company Secretary at our registered office address (shown above) enclosing the £10 administration fee made payable to the Company who you believe holds your personal information, and we will deal with your request within the regulatory 40 day period.
If you would like us to remove any personal information from our records, then please write to our Company Secretary at our registered office. Please be ready to quote your full name, address and if applicable your policy number when contacting us. We will make all reasonable efforts to delete your information from our files if it is deemed appropriate.
How do we user your Personal Information
We may use and analyse your personal information for the following purposes:
- In relation to our online quotation service, to provide you with one or more online quotations on behalf of one or more insurers;
- In relation to our online cover service, to consider your application for, and facilitate your purchase of, an insurance policy through us;
- To provide you with other services, including managing and administering the insurance policies you take out through us, and providing assistance with your claims and enquiries;
- For the purposes of insurance administration by us, by other companies within the Solar Group or our agents and your intermediary (if you have one) and may be disclosed to regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and / or enforcing our compliance with any regulatory requirements.
- To offer you the opportunity to renew a policy or purchase a replacement policy;
- To update our records about you;
- To check your identity to prevent money laundering (unless you furnish us with satisfactory proof of identity);
- For the investigation of or prevention of crime;
- To undertake credit searches;
- To enable us to conduct research and statistical analysis and facilitate our internal customer service monitoring;
- To improve the quality of our service and the efficiency of our Website and systems; and
- If prior consent has been received, we may market you with other products, which we believe, may be of interest to you.
Collection and Processing of Sensitive Information
By requesting that we provide you with online services, or contacting us over the telephone to request the provision of services in relation to a quotation or insurance policy, we will consider you to give consent to our collecting and processing (as outlined above) of any sensitive information about you and/or relevant others which you may be required to provide.
Do we share your Personal Information with anyone else?
Third parties with whom we may have to share your personal information as outlined above may include:
- Insurers who provide and administer the insurance policies you purchase through us and any third party insurance administrators who may provide services to you under the terms of such policies;
- Independent contractors or other third parties we may engage from time to time to provide services to us;
- Our professional advisers;
- Any regulatory or governmental body, or other supervisory body with rules and/or codes of practice to which we are subject, which requests or requires access to it; and
- Credit reference agencies, where it is necessary for us to carry out a credit check search on you before we provide you with any services. (You should be aware that the results of those searches will be recorded by the credit reference agencies and that we and other organisations may use those records in order to help make credit decisions about you, people financially linked to you and others in your household.)
In addition, in order to prevent and detect fraud we may at any time:
- Share personal information about you with other companies in the Equity group and with other insurers or financial institutions;
- Check your personal information with fraud prevention agencies (please note that where you have provided us with false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this and pass this information on to fraud prevention agencies);
- In respect of motor insurance, pass your personal information on to the Motor Insurance Anti-Fraud and Theft register (please see below for further information on this register).
Use of your Personal Information for Marketing Purposes
Provide you with the clear option of doing so. Should you choose not to give consent to your personal information being used From time to time, we may wish to contact you with offers relating to products and services of ours and of carefully selected third parties who provide similar products and services (including other companies within the Solar group) which we think may interest you. However, we will only use your personal information for marketing purposes where you have given prior consent for us to do so.
When you make use of our services and provide us with personal information and we would like to use that personal information for our own marketing purposes and/or pass it on to carefully selected third parties (including other companies in the Solar group) we will make a clear request on each occasion on which we wish to do so. You have the right not to give consent in respect of each and every such request, and we will always for our, and/or third parties', marketing purposes, we will respect your wishes.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Make a PaymentClick here to make a payment for a current or new policy.